Job Title: Maintenance Operations Apprentice
Employer: Incentive Facilities Management Ltd
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S20 7PJ
Position Type: Apprenticeship/Internship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level: Construction Building - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Vacancy Reference: VAC-762
Vacancy Short Description: A fantastic opportunity has been made available at Incentive Facilities Management Ltd based in Crystal Peaks Shopping Centre, Sheffield for a Maintenance Operations Apprentice to join their team.
Qualifications Required: GCSE's including English and Maths at Grade A - C or equivalent
Vacancy Full Description: A fantastic opportunity has been made available at Incentive Facilities Management Ltd based in Crystal Peaks Shopping Centre, Sheffield for a Maintenance Operations Apprentice to join their team.
You will learn and develop in the role and study towards a Level 2 NVQ Maintenance Operations with the Sheffield College.
It will be a demanding but rewarding role within a busy environment; and so a high level of professional standard and presentation is required.
The role will report in to the Maintenance Manager
Duties will include:
• Performing repair or general maintenance work of facilities, building, grounds and equipment
• Repairing and treating structures such as showers, floors, sinks, walls, carpets and roofs
• Performing minor repairs, troubleshooting and adjustment of locks on cabinets, locks, closets and desks
• Repairing door hinges, cleaning plugged key slots, charging filters on ventilating, heating and air condition units
• Servicing kitchen, appliances and emergency equipment, report mechanical malfunctions to party for action
• Moving and assisting in transportation of furniture and equipment
• Setting up and breaking down cubicle partitions, exercising discretion to identify projects that need higher skilled crafts individuals
• Activating and deactivating building alarms and responding to alarm calls
• Running of sprinkler pumps and associated equipment
Number of Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Mon – Fri, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Salary: £125.40 Per Week
Application Deadline Date: 05/06/2016
Possible Start Date: 13/06/2016
Personal Qualities: Ability to communicate with staff at all levels.
The ability to work well within a team is essential along with the ability to seek guidance where necessary.
Skills Required :A highly professional, caring and empathic attitude
Good written skills
Future Prospects :Possibility of a full time position
Training to be Provided :Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Building Maintenance Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment (Construction)
Level 2 Diploma in Construction Occupations (Maintenance Operations pathway)
Functional Skills @ Level 1 English Maths
Other Information: The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices aged 16-18, and those aged over 19 who are in the first year of their Apprenticeship, is set at £3.30 per hour. The NMW applies to time working and time spent training as this is also part of the Apprenticeship. Anyone not covered by the age categories above will be entitled to the NMW appropriate to their age.
Things to consider: Incentive Facilties Management Ltd are located at:
Crystal Peaks Shopping Centre, Sheffield, S20 7PJ
The Sheffield City College is situated at: Granville Road, Sheffield. S2 2RL
Please ensure you have adequate and sustainable transport to both venues
For more information and to apply please visit The Sheffield College Website.