Atrium Menswear is a growing fashion store that is devoted to featuring top-quality premium brands, both casual and formal wear across multiple stores throughout the UK.
The Store Manager is an integral part of the Company retail leadership team and is required to lead and deliver on the daily operations of the store.
The ideal candidate will have a positive and proactive approach to store administration and operations duties while ensuring that store and the team consistently meet the Company’s standards and expectations.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
This will include but is not limited to:
Commerciality and Sales Generation
- Accountable for owning, developing and driving sales in store to exceed sales expectations set by the Company.
- Responsible for developing strong clienteling initiatives that drive sales.
- In partnership with the Area Manager provide commercial suggestions and solutions to address underperformance in sales.
- Provide customer feedback in a clear and succinct manner to relevant parties along with potential solutions to address customer feedback.
- Effectively manage the store rotas working to ensure that employees are scheduled to maximise profitability and to avoid any additional costs such as temporary staff support.
- Lead by example and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the brand, Company operating and manufacturing processes, product and customer – driving passion to increase motivation.
- Propel an elevated level of sales and service within your store, delivering appropriate feedback and accountability within your team.
- Act as an escalation point for any customer concerns and/or queries quickly and effectively.
- Set review and manage the team against KPI’s that motivate, engage and drive them to excel in their roles.
- Effectively escalate any employee related issues to the relevant departments Promote a challenging and professional environment.
- Take ownership of the recruitment, training, management and development of the store team.
- Foster a supportive environment that promotes positive mental health.
- Responsible for ensuring that the standards as set out in the Model Store Framework are adhered to.
- Work with relevant colleagues at HQ to ensure that health and safety is maintained in store.
- Ensure compliance on policies and procedures at all times, up-skill employees where required.
- Through effective stock management and partnering with the stock control team, ensure that the businesses expectations of shrinkage are met.
- Secure Company assets at all times, drive enhancements to processes if risks are defined.
- Assist in the maintenance of standards on the shop floor and for all displays and merchandise.
- Keep stock, clean and presentable at all times.
- Replenish stock levels when needed, making sure the full size range is on the shop floor where possible.
Key Skills, Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Extensive experience of working in a similar role within a premium or luxury retail brand.
- Excellent commercial knowledge, solid understanding of a retail environment and the key drivers associated, including consumer behaviours.
- Proven experience of delivering strong clienteling initiatives within a luxury retail or premium retail environment.
- Sales driven, able to demonstrate experience of consistently meeting or exceeding commercial targets.
- Knowledge of POS and store systems.
- Excellent performance management experience, able to drive, motivate and engage teams with knowledge of employee relations.
- Self-motivated team player, supportive of management and able to motivate and inspire others.
- Able to confidently drive solutions and change where appropriate.
- Excellent use of initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time keeping and reliable attendance.
- Excellent attention to detail.
At Atrium, we are committed to achieving a culture of diversity, inclusivity and gender balance. We value talent, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sex or any other factor.
Job type: full-time, permanent
Apply in person or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org