Job Title: General Maintenance Operative
Reporting to: Technical Coordinator.
The maintenance Operative will be responsible for carrying out duties covering the internal and external maintenance of the site with safety and customer experience as a priority. The tasks the successful candidate can expect to carry out include weekly, monthly and Bi annual inspections in line with HSE guidelines and legislation and record in the company manual for inspection by external bodies.
Carry out minor repairs such as furniture and equipment, decorating, joinery including lock repair/replacement, plumbing repairs including unblocking sinks, toilets and drains when necessary.
- General small repairs to re-fixing door handles, loose hinges/items and locks
- Toilet seat re-fixing and replacement
- Hanging and re-fixing items to walls
- Minor building fabric repairs, walls, skirting boards, doors.
- Weekly & monthly planned maintenance tasks if required (fire alarm tests, water temperature recording, etc.)
- Monthly utilities meter readings
- Minor decorating tasks
- Minor plumbing repairs including drain blockages
- Maintain accurate documentation of all assigned work orders
- Comply fully with Health, Safety & Environmental policies
- carry out all reasonable requests by co-ordinator and management team
- Like working in small teams
- Likes work at height
- Likes to progress, learn new skills and go on courses
- Is a team player
- UK driving license
- Good understanding and commitment to Health and Safety
- Ability to be flexible during the working day
- Ability to work on your own or in a small team
- Ability to resolve problems that may arise during a job or ask a question if unsure
- Able to do the job right and do it right first time, within a pre-determined timescale
- Willingness to undertake further training
- Wanting to achieve success, for his or her self, the business and the customer